- Job Title: AWS DevOps Engineer
- Reports To: Engineering Manager
- Experience Level: Senior
- Salary: €40 – €80 per hour
- Employment Type: Part-time freelance contract (20h-30h/week)
- Location: Fully remote (Within United Kingdom / Europe)
- Working Timezones: UTC (London) +/- 2 hours
After a recent merger Berlin-based trip.me founded in 2013 and Bristol-based TravelLocal founded in 2016 are joining forces to become the leading online platform for personalised travel.
Our modern web platform connects locally-owned travel companies in more than 100 destinations worldwide with our global client base of travellers, to create and deliver amazing tailor-made holidays.
At TravelLocal, we are currently seeking a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to join our remote team. As a leader in our industry, we value talent, innovation, and commitment to excellence. If you are passionate about AWS, Terraform, and CI/CD pipelines and are eager to contribute your expertise, we invite you to apply.
As AWS DevOps Engineer you will play a critical role in our DevOps team, primarily focused on hands-on DevOps tasks and assisting with the migration of our infrastructure to AWS.
You will be responsible for reviewing our AWS setup plans with your colleagues and with your extensive AWS and Terraform experience you’ll co-drive the successful execution of the project. The main tools you’ll be using are Terraform Cloud, GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
- Collaborate with the DevOps team to migrate some existing infrastructures to AWS while ensuring optimal performance, scalability, and security.
- Write infrastructure-as-code (IaC) using Terraform Cloud to define, provision, and manage AWS resources efficiently.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines using tools such as GitHub Actions and Jenkins to automate software deployments and releases.
- Work closely with development teams to facilitate continuous integration and delivery best practices.
- Participate in the design and implementation of AWS infrastructure to meet project requirements, security standards, and compliance regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and deployment issues, ensuring high availability and reliability of systems.
- Monitor AWS resources and implement effective monitoring and alerting solutions to proactively identify and address performance bottlenecks and security vulnerabilities.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as an AWS DevOps Engineer, with a strong focus on AWS infrastructure design and implementation.
- 3+ years of experience as a Terraform Developer, with a deep understanding of infrastructure-as-code principles.
- 3+ years of experience in setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines using tools like GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
- Proficiency in AWS services and features, including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, and IAM.
- Strong scripting and coding skills in languages like Python, Bash, or similar.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in security, performance optimization, and disaster recovery in AWS.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a proactive mindset.
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
- Opportunity to work on challenging and innovative DevOps projects.
- Fully remote position, allowing for a flexible work-life balance.
- Potential for contract extension based on performance.
- Online Technical test (1h)
- Video-call interview (1h 30 mins)
How to apply
If you are a talented AWS DevOps Engineer, based in the EU or UK, with a passion for AWS Cloud, automation, infrastructure as code, and continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply and join our dynamic team.
Help us shape the future of our cloud infrastructure and contribute to our success in delivering exceptional solutions to our clients.
Please submit your most up to date resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are an ideal fit for this position (firstname.lastname@example.org).