Are you interested in making a true impact on an international scale-up in the travel-tech space? Do you have experience in the scale-up phase of an online marketplace or e-commerce / digital business? Are you eager to use your knowledge to fuel the growth of a global business? Then we should meet!
Berlin and Bristol-based TravelLocal is one of the leading online platforms for personalized travel. We connect travelers around the world directly with local travel agencies in over 100 destinations worldwide. We have strong traction in the US, DACH and UK markets and are VC investor backed.
We are seeking a highly motivated and results-driven Chief of Staff with a minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic/operational/commercial roles, to support our CEO and executive team for 18 months (maternity cover) and to help deliver the ongoing rapid growth of our business.
About the Role
In this critical role, you will be responsible for driving strategic initiatives, managing key projects, and ensuring that the CEO’s priorities are executed effectively. The ideal candidate has a strong background in operations and strategy, is comfortable with data, has excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Experience working in an online marketplace or e-commerce / digital business will be a significant advantage whilst experience in the travel sector would be a bonus but is not required.
Your Challenges & Opportunities
- Drive implementation of key strategic initiatives for the company, working cross-functionally with various departments to ensure that projects are delivered successfully and with the expected impact
- Monitor progress on company priorities and connect and align teams to ensure momentum
- Lead special projects and high-impact initiatives as needed, through to full execution, leveraging your excellent project management skills and ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions
- Act as a liaison between the CEO and other executives, ensuring that meetings are run effectively, communication is clear, aligned, and transparent, and that everyone is aware of the company’s priorities
- Help to develop and implement processes that support the wider team’s and company’s success, with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversee HR function that is led by a senior HR manager to ensure a great company culture, positive team and organizational development, and that HR business practices are effective, efficient, and compliant
- Use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and your ability to build relationships to positively influence others at all levels of the organization.
- Utilize your strong analytical skills when handling data and reviewing KPIs on a weekly and monthly base and apply your problem-solving skills to identify suitable actions to help manage performance and drive improvements
- Ensure the business is on track with KPIs, plans and priorities and teams are working together to deliver growth
- Anticipate, address, and avert potential issues by providing feedback and advice to CEO and our leadership team and stepping in where re-prioritization is needed
What we offer
- Full-time role (18 months contract)
- Join our international team of professionals from 10+ nationalities
- Work remotely or in our offices in Berlin or Bristol (proximity to our office locations to regularly/periodically meet in person would be an advantage)
- Flexible working times (only our daily core working hours are fixed)
- 26 vacation days per year
- Yearly personal development budget of £1000/€1200 to use for travel, remote working & development
- Discounts for traveling with our local partner agencies
- Connect with the entire team in person on our company offsites twice a year
If you are eager to make an impact on a growing company in the travel-tech space and have a track record of success in operations and strategy, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Send your application including your earliest start date and salary expectation and a brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role to Sandra (email@example.com) and show us why you should join our team as (maternity cover) Chief of Staff.