- Job title: DevOps Engineer
- Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Experience level: Mid – Senior
- Base salary: €55,000 – €70,000
- Employment type: Permanent
- Remote working: Fully remote (Within United Kingdom / Europe)
- Working Timezones: UTC (London) +/- 2 hours
- Visa sponsorship: Not available
Current Tech stack:
- CI / CD: GitHub Actions
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Terraform
- Containerisation: Docker, Docker-compose
- Configuration Management tools: Consul
- Web servers: Apache
- Hosting: AWS EC2, Vercel, FlatcarOS
- Scripting languages: bash
- Code: TypeScript/React/NextJS, PHP Symfony
- Logging: DataDog, Papertrail
- Other: AWS Lambda, AWS RDS, AWS CloudWatch, WordPress, Postmark, Mailgun, Locize (i18n), Cloudflare
- IaC: Terraform Cloud
- Containers: Kubernetes, Nomad
- Logging/APM: New Relic
- Other: AWS SNS
Our modern web platform connects locally-owned travel companies in more than 100 destinations worldwide with our global client base of travellers, to create and deliver amazing tailor-made holidays.
With lots of happy customers, TravelLocal is growing quickly and looking for some talented new team members to help shape our future. Expect flexible working, a travel allowance (yes, really!) and the chance to make a real impact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Key focus areas for DevOps Engineer
- DevOps and Infrastructure best practices and support
- Infrastructure observability and monitoring
- Systems and Infrastructure security
- Systems and Infrastructure performance
- Infrastructure cost saving
Responsibilities for DevOps Engineer
As an DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Implementing application solutions both in the cloud as well as participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the TravelLocal DevOps space.
- Write automation code to streamline processes, improve efficiencies and reduce hosting cost (delivering Infrastructure as Code)
- Build and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Ensure all our systems are secure, scalable, responsive, and reliable
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual)
Qualifications and main skills for DevOps Engineer
To be considered for this role you:
- Must have at least 2 to 5 years’ experience working as a DevOps Engineer.
- Must have a deep understanding of continuous delivery (CD) theory and be an expert implementing CD solutions.
- Must be able to ensure that appropriate monitoring, logging and alerting solutions are implemented to cover both applications, data and infrastructure – Application Performance Monitoring (APM).
- Should ensure that the systems are built in a repeatable manner, using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Should have a good understanding of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and how to codify Ec2 instances’ configuration and setup by using Configuration Management tools, particularly Terraform and Terraform Cloud.
- Should be comfortable working fully remotely and often independently, although well connected to the rest of the team through our communication tools and practices (e.g. Scrum meetings).
What we offer for DevOps Engineer
- Full time position (40 hours/week), fully remote or in Berlin or Bristol
- Base salary €55,000 – €70,000 (or £ equivalent if based in the UK)
- 26 days holiday per year
- Automatically qualify for share options after probation period
- Flexible working hours policy (only our daily core working hours are fixed).
- Start-up spirit in an experienced international team with highly motivated colleagues.
- Possibility to take ownership in projects and have a direct and immediate impact on the company.
- Annual budget of £1000/€1200 to be spent on travelling, working elsewhere, or learning and development.
How to apply
Does this sound like a good opportunity for you?
If so, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your CV
- Salary expectations
We are looking forward to hearing from you!