Are you looking for a challenge in a backend developer role, eager to apply your experience with PHP frameworks to our ever growing travel platform application? Do you enjoy constantly learning and growing? Do you like travel and want to take part in changing the travel industry? Then read on, you’ll probably love being part of our team!
About a year ago, Berlin-based trip.me and Bristol-based TravelLocal joined forces to become the leading online platform for personalized travel.
Our modern web platform connects locally-owned travel companies in more than 100 destinations worldwide with our global client base of travelers, to create and deliver amazing tailor-made holidays.
What you’ll do:
- Work on a web application built with a range of technologies focussing on PHP & Symfony.
- Help us streamline workflows of our internal users and evolve the customer experience.
- Determine and develop appropriate solutions based on stakeholder requirements and best tech practices.
- Together with the team, continuously improve our processes and setup (deployment, CI, cloud).
- Continuously improve technical knowledge and interaction with other team members.
Who you are:
- You have at least two years of professional experience working with PHP frameworks.
- You are comfortable working with scalable, long-lived PHP based web applications, ideally with Symfony, alternatively with any other professional PHP framework such as Laravel.
- You have a passion for your work as an engineer, for solving challenges and for producing clean, well documented and maintainable code and you deeply enjoy growing as an engineer.
- You are an effective communicator (in English) when talking with other members of the dev team, product managers, and external stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working fully remotely and often independently, although well connected to the rest of the team through our communication tools and practices (e.g. Scrum meetings).
You’ll have an edge if:
- You have experience with frontend technologies like React and a sense for good UX.
- You have experience with Docker & AWS or another one of the big cloud infrastructure providers.
- You have worked in a Scrum team or other agile process.
- You have a passion for traveling to interesting places.
What we offer:
- Full time position (40 hours/week), remotely or in Berlin or Bristol, salary €45,000 – €55,000 (or £ equivalent)
- 26 days holiday per year
- Automatically qualify for share options after probation period
- Flexible working hours policy (only our daily core working hours are fixed).
- Start-up spirit in an experienced international team with highly motivated colleagues.
- Possibility to take ownership in projects and have a direct and immediate impact on the company.
- Annual budget of £1000/€1200 to be spent on traveling, working elsewhere, learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
How to apply
If that sounds interesting, then let’s talk!
Send your application including earliest start date and salary expectation to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and show us why you should join our team as PHP application developer. We look forward to hearing from you!