Working at TravelLocal is pretty special. We get to spend our days connecting with people from all over the world. We help travelers have truly authentic experiences (and give back to the places they visit). We’re changing travel for the better, and having fun along the way.
As the result of a merger between two very successful travel companies – TravelLocal in the UK and trip. me in Germany (trip. me) – we are growing quickly and looking for some fresh faces to help shape our future.
Expect flexible working within Germany, a travel allowance (yes, really!) and the chance to make a real impact.
You will work within our English-speaking in-house marketing team to launch PR for our German market, provide community management for our German-language social media channels and translate English into German for email newsletters and web copy.
You’ll have a strong portfolio of press pieces within German media, and a flair for copywriting in German. You’ll be an effective communicator and enthusiastic team player, while also comfortable doing research and developing your skills independently.
- Build relationships with journalists in the DACH market and place articles that feature TravelLocal
- Establish a regular schedule of press releases and campaign/press trip ideas
- Provide a reporting structure to track features and results from PR
- Collaborate with our Marketing Executive for content ideation and translation for DACH-market social media channels
- Foster engagement and respond quickly to comments and messages on our DACH-market social media channels
- Localize English-language marketing materials including email newsletters, social media posts, press releases and web copy for the DACH market
- Work independently while connecting and collaborating with the marketing team to align on ideas, campaigns and OKRs
- Produce all content at a native German level
- €18k for part-time, 24 hours per week (€30k pro rata)
- A generous holiday allowance
- The opportunity to progress quickly and help shape the future of a fast-growing company
- Regular team socials, as well as bi-annual all-company gatherings
- The choice between remote working in Germany or our office in Berlin, Kreuzberg
- An allowance to spend on a TravelLocal trip, or self-development training (such as a short course)