Hours: full time
Salary: €50,000 – €80,000 / £43,000 – £68,000
Location: Fully remote (Within United Kingdom / Europe only)
Contract: Permanent position
Working Timezones: UTC (London) +/- 2 hours (United Kingdom / Europe only)
Working at TravelLocal is pretty special. We get to spend our days connecting with people from all over the world. We help travellers have truly authentic experiences (and give back to the places they visit). We’re changing travel for the better, and having fun along the way.
TravelLocal is one of the most significant online marketplaces for tailor-made travel, with a strong presence in both English and German language markets. With customers in more than 100 origin countries and partners in nearly 100 destination countries, we are using technology to reimagine this sector, pioneering the “buy local” movement in travel.
Expect flexible working, a friendly and engaged team, and the chance to make a real impact.
Are you looking to combine your passion for IT Development and travel? Are you eager to constantly learn and develop? Then you will love being part of the TravelLocal team!
We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. This position requires demonstrable experience in React, NextJS and TypeScript. You will be responsible for Development in TypeScript/React/NextJS of new and existing components, apply frontend development best practices and work very closely with the UX & Design Lead, ensuring a great customer’s user experience.
- Development of new and existing react (NextJS) components
- Help maintaining our Storybook component library
- Optimisation of website performance metrics
- Application of React & frontend development best practices
- Working with our Product team on user stories breakdown for frontend projects
- Contribute to all our Scrum ceremonies
- Working very closely with the UX & Design Lead, ensuring a great customer’s user experience
- Technical mentoring of and knowledge sharing with other frontend engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience with frontend technologies, focused on TypeScript, React, HTML/CSS, NextJS
- Great knowledge of GraphQL, Storybook, Git, and GitHub-based workflows (or similar)
- Good experience with building and refining workflows, including continuous deployment techniques, pull request reviews/pair programming, scrum processes
- An eye for design and a feel for good UX – along with our Lead designer you will be responsible for maintaining a great web presence for TravelLocal
- Great written English and communication skills in a remote-first environment, particularly around documentation of your work, communication of releases, and progress of projects to stakeholders
- A proactive attitude to learning and knowledge sharing, particularly around pull request reviews and individual mentoring – to ensure everyone on the team is able to contribute and keep growing
- Passionate about teamwork and experience collaborating with colleagues both internally and from other teams.
- Working experience with writing automated tests.
- Understanding of internationalisation and localisation techniques
- Passion for travel
What we offer
- An international team and a company culture that actively supports growth and learning
- Modern offices in Berlin-Kreuzberg or Bristol, with regular social events
- Option to work fully remotely in your country of residence
- Option to work remotely temporarily upon passing your probation period (within Europe)
- 2 all-company off-sites per year (inclusive of travel and accommodation)
- Flexibility in working hours
- 26 vacation days per year, increasing with length of service
- Public Holidays in line with Berlin, Bristol, or the country you choose to work from.
- A generous allowance that you can use for personal development, wellbeing, travel with one of our partners or to improve your work set up, increasing with length of service
- Competitive salary: up to €80,000 /£68,000 depending on experience.
If you are a motivated and results-driven individual who wants to make a difference, we would love to hear from you. We understand that imposter syndrome often stops amazing candidates from applying and that you may not think that you meet 100% of our requirements but we still encourage you to apply.
- First-round interview (45-60 mins)
- Online technical test (1h)
- Second-round interview (1h 30 mins)
- 2 x Culture fit interview (30 mins)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.