Our cutting edge web platform connects locally-owned travel companies in more than 45 destinations worldwide with our global client base of travellers, to create and deliver amazing tailor-made holidays. We’re seeking the right person to join our growing product team, working on our web platform to improve it for customers and operators alike. Some of our current challenges include streamlining the online workflow of our local experts, as well as evolving and personalising the enquiry, communication and booking experience for our customers.
What you will do:
- Work across the stack on a web application built with the latest technology (TypeScript, React, Node)
- Craft a consistent and compelling experience for TravelLocal’s customers and travel partners across all aspects of the product
- Contribute to the design, planning and implementation of new application features
- Maintain, evolve and improve the TravelLocal platform by delivering high quality, well-tested code
- Communicate effectively with other members of the team to come up with creative solutions to our business needs
- Focus on learning and self-development to ensure that TravelLocal is always benefitting from your expertise
Who you are:
- You’ve worked on client-server web applications, with a single page app on the front-end, and business logic on the server
- You are passionate about building a product, and a team culture, that you can be proud of
- You enjoy variety in your work and are willing to get stuck into the many things that need doing in a growing start-up
- You try to find a balance between making things perfect and shipping the product
- You understand that delivering results is the best way to prove your value
- You can communicate clearly at a variety of technical levels
You will have an edge if:
- You’ve worked with TypeScript
- You’ve deployed applications to AWS
- You know your way around a Docker container
- Your creativity extends beyond the product, to overcoming business challenges and contributing ideas to other teams
- You are eager to consistently learn new tech skills
- You’re ready to quickly and seamlessly join a team, and get up to speed on the product and code fast, so we can have you contributing as soon as possible!
- You have an interest in travel and the wider world.
Salary & benefits:
- £27-35k salary dependent on experience
- The holiday allowance for our entire team is 33 days (consisting of 25 days per year plus the 8 bank holidays)
- All team members can benefit from our flexible working hours policy
- We try to provide the opportunity for team members to travel as part of their work
- We are a hard-working, open and cooperative team with a big, ambitious goal
- We like to socialise! We have regular team socials on a monthly basis, with a mix of activities that are fun and inclusive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
How to apply
Get in touch
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for this role. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive we can only contact successful applicants.